Once more, it’s time to give thanks that our holiday meals are not Disneyish.
1. Your pumpkin(pie)s have not been run over.
2. No eggshells will be folded into your pastries (at least not deliberately).
3. You won’t have to deal with talking birds while eating tasty poultry dishes.
4. There will be no bugs bathing in your beverages (or if there are they won’t be lucky enough to escape).
5. If the chow gets burned, you won’t have to cough your way through it anyway.
6. You can be sure your firewood/wood chips did not once belong to puppets.
7. Hyenas will not get first crack at your meal.
8. If you get caught up in drama and excitement, no one will smear jam on your face and expect it to calm you down.
9. The biscuits will be fit for humans, not raccoons.
10. You will not have to give a dog the vast majority of the cheese crumpets.
Seven points for every Disney reference you know. Fifteen points for any new Disney thanks you have to give. Points also still valid for last year’s list: http://wheresmytower.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/non-disney-dinner/
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy every bite of food that you did not have to contend with an anthropomorphic animal to eat!